Monday, April 25, 2011

Dan Rooney: A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Lose

Well, it pains me to say so since I have been a life-long Steeler fan, but it looks like Dan Rooney's choo choo has finally gone around the bend. In a recent interview with the Irish Times, Rooney said that he is thinking of resigning his post as Ambassador to Ireland to campaign for Barack Obama's re-election.

“I would probably have to resign to campaign for President Obama’s re-election,” Rooney said. “I think that would be the number one thing I can do for him, and I’d be willing to do so.”

So, okay...when Rooney first campaigned for Obama, I thought, well, he has been caught up in all the hype of electing the first black president like so many others. Then I thought that he was just blinded by his desire to be the Ambassador to Ireland, since he claimed to have such a love of his ancestral homeland, and Obama was promising him the post.

But now, after Obama's abysmal record in his first term, for Rooney to say that, Obama is "the best man for the job, without question.” Now I just say...cuckoo, cuckoo.